Sunday, June 15, 2008

Always a groomsmen never a...wait that doesn't sound right?

Yesterday was Cort and Brooke's big day. It was really fun. I've been to a lot of weddings and this was one of the best. Cort and Brooke both looked incredible, they are a gorgeous couple. The ceremony was very unique and true to the bride and groom. Cort wrote a short play that was acted out by Brooke's brother and Cort's sister. It was the internal dialogue of their first encounter. Very cute and very funny. During the vows Brooke sang a song to Cort and it was beautiful. Brooke has a great voice that you would never imagine from speaking to her. It was very touching. I'm not usually into stuff like that but I was definitely moved.

Then there was the reception! No stinkin' finger sandwiches for us, we had bar-b-cue! Pulled pork, ribs, hot wings, corn bread oh and some beans and salad I guess. I didn't actually ever make it to the veggies. Oh and don't forget the wine, plenty of wine! After eating Dave (one of the co-bestmen and one of my best friends) gave a great speech that was totally off the cuff. I was so proud of him and impressed by his calm presentation. He's a natural in front of crowds. The maid of honor gave a touching speech as well.


Then we moved onto the dancing. It took me a few minutes to get up my dancing courage but once I was up you couldn't shut me down. We danced until almost midnight. I definitely felt my old age this morning. My poor old knees were dying and the soles of my feet had blistered. But that probably has to do more with the fact that my version of dancing is mostly just jumping straight up and down than with my age. I had so much fun dancing with the guys. It was like old times when we used to go clubbing every weekend. Dave and Wes owned the dance floor all night, you can't pay for that kind of entertainment. Dave even got asked to dance by a cute blond. I also got to reconnect with Wes's wife Kim and Cort's sister Dyan. They are really fun and I'm glad they were there to hang out with me when the guys were owning the dance floor.

After the wedding we moved onto the after party. I was pretty worn out by the time we got to Eddie's house. Luckily it was really low key. Some very clever people had taken a bunch of the food and wine from the reception (oops, hope I didn't just bust anyone) and continued the festivities. I don't think i'll be eating any meat for a while, I ate a ton last night. I didn't last very long at the after party and had to be one of the first party poopers to go home. I was home by about 2:30 am and soooooo ready for bed. I could barely keep my eyes open long enough to get out of my dress. Speaking of my dress I looked pretty good yesterday in my dress and even looked presentable after dancing and sweating the night away on the dance floor. Woo Hoo for waterproof make-up and good skin.

To Cort and Brooke... Thank you for having such a fun wedding and helping me feel like my old self again. I love you and I know your marriage will be as happy and successful as your wedding day was.

Lots and lots of pictures today..



I had to take a picture before I went and messed up my hair and make-up. I clean up ok.



Me and Dave taking a break from the dance floor.



Wes, Kim and Eddie's head.



Me and Dave looking "fly".



Dave and Dyan doing their best highschool prom pose.


The three amigos. The groom with his two best men.



Cort and Dave enjoying a moment.



Dave and his "little" brother Don. The last time I saw him he was shorter than me.



It's not a real party unless everyone breaks into song.



Wes and Kim, aren't they cute.



Dave and his new girlfriend.



Dave giving his bestman speech.



Brooke and Cort and their first dance.



Cheese!


Ay who you calling loco?


You know you love it.





How you doin'?



So everyone was supposed to look to right I just didn't get the serious expression memo. Oops!

1 comment:

Tamy said...

You looked beautiful. Glad you had fun, sorry to wake you up on Sunday.