Friday, June 13, 2008

Looking back but moving on.

I went to the rehearsal dinner for my friend Cort's wedding tonight. Cort is marrying a fantastic girl named Brooke. They are both very fun and creative people and i'm happy they found each other. This weekend is a little bitter sweet for me. I'm super excited to see my friend get married and also happy that his wedding gives me the opportunity to celebrate with some of the people I love most in the world. However it is also forcing me to look at my own life in comparison to my friends. Somewhere along the road there was a fork and my friends each chose a path but I seemed to have been unable to choose my path and have become stuck. I feel like I'm watching the rest of the people in my life evolve into whatever they are supposed to become while I remain the same. Well i'm turning 30 in about three weeks and my goal for my 30th year of life is to try and force my life back into motion. I used to be a passionate person that went after the things she wanted. I'm going to find that strong girl again and bring her back to the surface...

It is now 1:00am and I have been awake since around 3:00am. I believe I am very tired and that is probably causing me to be very melodramatic. So I apologize to everyone for my downer blog tonight. I'll be better tomorrow.

Here are some pictures from the rehearsal dinner. Good night world.




Wes and Dave, a couple of very serious gentlemen.


Some shots of the wedding location.



The pictures don't do the mountains justice


Wes Showing off his "broken foot".


Wes and Dave (co-bestmen) do the hard work of "supervising" the work


Cort (the groom) risking his life the night before the wedding.


Just like old times.


Dave and Amy together again to cause some trouble. Just a couple of grooms people.


Brooke and Cort. The fabulous couple.

No comments: