Sunday, June 22, 2008

You got me!!!

Here was MY plan for the weekend.
1. Get up early and work on the boat all day Saturday
2. Pop over to my brothers house for a quick family get together on Saturday evening.
3. Get home and get to bed early so I could get up early on Sunday so I could finish working on the boat in time to take it on it's maiden voyage Sunday afternoon.

So Saturday morning and afternoon went as planned I worked on the boat. My dad helped out of course. Liz and I went out to lunch and my friend Candace met us to talk about the cruise next week. Then Liz hung around while my dad and I did some more work on the boat. Then 6:15 rolled around and Liz went home so my parents and I could head over to my brothers for our quick get together. My mom went ahead but my dad and I were told we couldn't come early because my nieces had made something for us. So we didn't get there until a little after 7:00.

Here's where my plan's were derailed...
My sister in law Tamy was in the house when we got there and said the thing the girls had made for us was out in the barn so we headed out back. When we walked in people started yelling and I looked around to find my friends all waiting to celebrate my 30th Birthday with me. Tamy had pulled off a VERY successful 30th birthday SURPRISE party for me. Even my friends from California came to surprise me, and boy was I. I was a blubbering idiot for the first few minutes.

So to all the people who helped me celebrate. Especially Tamy who got in contact with all my friends. Thank you for making me feel so special and so loved. I think I needed that more than I knew. This is the best birthday I think I've ever had. It's all down hill from here!

Here are some very serious pictures (there were no flattering pictures from working on the boat today so here are the pictures from Goofing off while working on the boat) of the boat work Yesterday. Also of course pictures from the party yesterday and the follow-up bar-b-cue today.

Also to anyone who still cares I will be finishing my boat and hitting the water. The maiden voyage has however been postponed until after my cruise.




Teaching Harley to leap over the Mast


Trying to make a horn out of the excess Mast


My Motto: "If you find a welders mask in the garage, you should always put it on."



Thank you Suzy!


Me and my California Girls. From left: Anna, Me, Sylvia, Maritza, Suzy and Chrissy



Chuck showing how easy it is to lose all your chips in one spin on the Roulette table.


Sylvia and Anna chillin'


Sylvia and Marianne Chillin' with some Patron and some black jack.



Tamy dealing the Black Jack.



Brooke (the new bride) entertaining the Black Jack crowd.



Cort playing Black Jack with all the ladies. He's such a player!



My Dad dealing Craps. My two brothers Rick and Bryan and my friends Suzy and Maritza.



Cort and Bryan getting "schooled" in Craps. My Aunt Joni looks super excited.


Mindy, Michelle, Chrissy and Matt playing some Texas Hold'em


Today before the girls left for the Airport. Harley was sooo exhausted

2 comments:

Tamy said...

HA HA! I got you GOOD! Happy Birthday I hope you liked the party. We will go to the lake when you get home.

Anonymous said...

You're cute Amy. I love the blog and the theme and the whole notion behind it.
PS: Your friends and family are a whole heap of fun! Very good people. And, they got me trashed. Love that. Happy Birthday, girl!!!! I want to go sailing with you when you get back from your cruise after the maiden voyages, but way before you tire of your new hobby. I used to sail like ten years ago so maybe you can re-teach me

xoxo Brooke ;D