Sunday, June 1, 2008

Wax on Wax off...

I love my dad, he cracks me up. I got up early this morning to wax the sabot. After I was done my dad checked it out for me. He said I did a great job...then he re-waxed it! I guess great was ok but he expected fantastic. Haha, lesson learned. If you want somebody to do something for you just do a half ass job of it first. I guess the real lesson is I need some muscles because I really thought I had done a good job. Oh well, next time i'll do better.


We pulled out the rudder and the daggerboard today. The rudder just needs to be cleaned up but the dagger board needs to be completely sanded and re-varnished. I'll be doing that sometime this week when I feel like getting covered in dust. I have a tentative date set for her re-maiden voyage. I'll be taking her down to Utah lake for a day trip on June 22nd. If all goes well we won't sink or capsize. Cross your fingers!


Here are some pictures of todays boat work and some random shots of the backyard because it was so beautiful outside this morning.




Ugh! I'm such a fatty.






No Really, you did a great job waxing.







The Rudder and Daggerboard before.





Enjoying the beautiful weather.






The pond, you can see some of the fish if you look close.






A close up of one of the fish. The pictures don't do justice to the size of these monsters.

1 comment:

Tamy said...

WOW that looks like hard work.
Can't wait till 22 to see if you sink. ha ha