Wednesday, July 2, 2008

July 1st in Genova

We made it! Candace and I were literally in transit for just over 24 hours. It was stressful and HOT but now that we are here and have been able to shower we are ready to go out and see the town. It's 5:36 pm here in Genova and only 9:30 m back home. Hopefully the time diference won't affect us too bad. We met some of our fellow cruisers today. Most of them are really great but we did meet one family that causes me to cringe when I think of them. They are the type of American family that lives up to all the stereotypes. They are the reason people don't like Americans. Hopefully since it's such a big ship we won't have to see them. There was also a mother and daughter that we met at the Genova airpot. They spoke italian and were the only reason Candace and I were able to find our hotel. Unfortunatly their luggage has gone missinng. It's so terrible I feel awful for them. Hopefully the luggage will make it here before we leave tomorrow.

I was going to add pictures of Genova here but it was taking too much time to load them and then the browser was to busy. So if you want to see pictures let me know and I will email them to you when I get home.

Ciao!

1 comment:

Tamy said...

I am so glad you made it! Can't wait to hear more stories.