Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Salty Sailor sails into her thirties

I did it! I survived the first day of my 30's. Well part of my first day. Since I didn't go to bed until 6:00 a.m. I didn't actually get out of bed until 1:00 p.m. oops! Any when I finally got up Candace was not ready to get moving yet so I invited one of my table mates (Calvin) to lunch. We had a Delicious lunch at the buffet and then went and laughed at all of the pictures that Candace and I had taken last night by all the photographers. My favorite was the one where we were swimming away from the ship. Unfortunately to buy one print it was $21.99. That is outrageous so we didn't buy any. By this time Candace Had caught up with us and we went to play bingo. Nope, I didn't even win on my birthday. After bingo we watched the G force guys do some more tricks and then all the kids on the ship got up on stage to show us all the moves they had been practicing with G force all week. It was super cute. Then it was already time for dinner. So we went to dinner where the wait staff sang happy birthday to me and I ate way to much. After dinner Candace and I went to the adult break dancing class taught by G force. I don't mean to brag but I was pretty spectacular. I was totally off beat and I fell straight on my ass during my solo. But I totally recovered and pulled off a rockin' freeze pose at the end that made everyone forget my stumbles. After break dancing me Candace and Elliot all tried to go play miniature golf. When we got there they had just closed. I gave a puppy dog look and told them it was my birthday. Guess what, it actually worked. They let us play because it was my birthday. Woo Hoo! After mini golf we went back to the room to chill for a minute and found that Ozzy our steward had unlocked our mini bar and told us that everything in it was complimentary for the night. So we had a drink on Ozzy. Woo hoo Ozzy! Relaxing with some rum and coke we went downstairs to see what was happening. We ended up in the Karaoke lounge again. In the lounge it was me, Candace, Calvin, Elliot and Kim. There were four or five other people in the lounge but that's about it. Mouna the Karaoke director pulled me up to back her up on the first song. I originally told her I would only do back up dancing for her but I actually stepped little out of my box and sang the “rollin rollin” part of Proud Mary. Well that was all it took. After that I was free from my box and ready to torture all the souls in the room with my singing. I got up and sang “Hard to be Humble” by Mac Davis. Dad you would have been so proud. A little later I sang “Fancy” by Reba. I couldn't actually remember how the song went so I talked thru most of it and just sang the chorus. But I had fun. Mouna the karaoke director said she is sending a bottle champagne and some other stuff to my cabin to celebrate my birthday and my coming out of my box. After Karaoke was done we realized it was 1:00 a.m. and we had to be up at 6:30 a.m. to see France tomorrow. So we all wandered to our rooms and now I'm here blogging. So that is the events of my birthday. I am really happy with the way it turned out and I hope I can continue my trend of stepping out of my box in my thirties. Maybe it will get me further than I got in my twenties.

Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday today on my blog. I really was happy!

-Amy

3 comments:

Tamy said...

I am glad your birthday was a good one, hope you got the girls message on my blog...
have fun in France tomorrow or is it today?

Anonymous said...

Amy, you made me proud.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Amy I am living vicariously through your blog. I am glad you are having a great time!