Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Viva la France! July 9th

France! Today we were in La Havre, France. Many people took shore excursions into Paris but it was a six hour bus ride and you only got four hours in the city and were stuck on the bus the whole time. So we decided to go to Historic Roune. It was beautiful and full of wonderful little shops that I expected to see at all the ports but have not. Roune even had its own Notre Dame Cathedral. I guess there are several in the area that have Notre Dame Cathedrals. It was fantastic. The best shore excursion I think we've been on. I only wish we had more free time in the city on our own, I also got to see the spot where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake. When we got back to the ship we still had bout six hours in port so we walked into the port city (La Havre) and went sight seeing there. Guess what! La Havre also has a Notre Dame Cathedral. Good times! We also went to an art museum and walked around. We had a lot of fun today and enjoyed our free time off the ship. I tried to get Candace to rent a bike with me in La Havre but she was not in for it. It would have been so fun to ride around all day seeing the sights. Oh well maybe next time. After the shore time we had dinner and then went back to our rooms and packed our bags. We will be in Dover in just a few hours and we had to have our bags out in the hallway before midnight. We will finally be in London tomorrow! I am sooooooooooooo Excited! I'm not sure if I will have Internet access at our hotel in London. If I do I will keep blogging but if not this will be my last message until I get home. So just in case, Bye all, thanks for all your well wishes and i'll see you soon.

-Amy

2 comments:

Tamy said...

see you soon
have fun in London

Anonymous said...

Amy! That was so awesome that you so where Joan of Arc was burned. How historical. I'm so jealous!