Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 5th sailing sailing sailing

Sea Day! Today was our first day at sea. Since we stayed up last night dancing and we are sleeping in a dark inside room we were not surprised to find out that we had slept until almost eleven today. It was great, we would have stayed in bed longer but the cruise director came over the PA and announced he would be starting the next shore excursion presentation in a few minutes. So Candace and I ran down to the theater in out PJ's to watch the presentation . We looked so sexy in PJ's with undone hair and no make-up. After that was done we went and got dressed for lunch. We went to the main dinning room and sat with a couple of older people. One man was cruising with his 13 year old granddaughter who he was taking on this cruise for her botmitzfa (not sure how to spell that) and the other were a couple from Texas. They all did a fine job of complaining about things of no interest to me. it was a nice lunch though. After lunch we went and laid out by the pool so that I could try and even out my sunburn from yesterday. It didn't work. After the pool today we got ready for formal night and took our sweet time. Formal night was fun, It was nice to get dressed up and have a nice dinner. We sailed thru the Gibraltar straight tonight and saw the rock of Gibraltar. It was pretty cool. And it was totally awesome to be able to see two continents at the same time on either side of the ship. Living in America it's easy to feel like we're far away from everyone else and easy to forget that everyone doesn't understand the words that are coming out of your mouth. But seeing all these different countries in this short a time and seeing 2 entirely separate continents so close together it really makes me realize how small I am in a big diverse world. I love experiencing the diversity of all of these other countries, even just seeing the people from different parts of the world here on the ship is great. Ok, so that was a long rambling on. So after dinner we went and Saw Marcus Anthony perform Motown hits. It was really fun. Then we went to the Karaoke lounge and I really tried to work up the courage to get up and sing but as usual I stayed in my safe little box. Oh well, maybe when I'm 30. That's about it. It's about 1:00 a.m. here and I need to hit the sack. We are in Lisbon tomorrow.


Goodnight all

-Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Girly! I surely do miss you! Sounds like you are having loads of fun. Take care of yourself! Love,Liz